Monday, December 31, 2012

Time Warp.

Here I will tell you a story about when I ended up in a time warp.

Everything I am about to tell you is true. I did not make any of this up.

I was about fourteen years old. My mom had a friend who bought an old schoolhouse in Lowell, MI. We went over there often to help them clean it up and get it converted into a livable space.

One day I tore down a shed and got my foot stuck in the wall. I karate kicked it and my foot went through and got stuck about three feet off the ground. My mom had to rescue me. But that's not the story.

After I tore down the shed, I went for a walk in the woods. I walked west towards Segwun, a pretty major road that runs through Lowell.

I walked and walked and then I got tired so I sat down by a tree to rest. I fell asleep.

I woke up a little while later because my butt was wet from sitting on leaves.

It was getting towards evening, and since it was summer, it was hard to tell what time it was. It could have been 7pm, or it could have been 8:30. Hard to tell.

I headed east to go back to the house. Suddenly I noticed there were other houses around that I did not originally pass on my walk. I was confused and thought I was lost, so I checked my compass. I always carried a pocketknife with a compass in the end. I was still headed east, so I wasn't lost.

I kept walking and then I came to Segwun. I had to cross it to get back. I did not cross this street on my walk, and there's no way to get to the other side of it without crossing. No hidden tunnels or skybridges or anything like that.

I crossed the road and got back to the house.

Since then I have done a lot of thinking. How did I cross the road and get so far without realizing it?

I have thought about that day for the last sixteen years. A few years ago I realized what had happened. The only logical explanation.

I got stuck in a time warp.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment. I will comment back. It will be comment conversation!